Re: running gcc testcases

>we did not down load anyother package except gcc-3.0.tar.gz.we did not
>download anyother package becos in install page it was given that if u
>have downloaded full package (not only core compiler..)then no need to
>download test cases

The testcases are included in the gcc package, but the testsuite driver is
not.  It is a separate package.  You will need to download dejagnu if you
want to run the testsuites.  There are about 26000 tests that get run if
you do things this way.

>after being frustrated for some time  but we have found a solution which
>is not a logical one...
>solution is....everytime time we make some changes to source code,then we
>make simple changes to Makefile.in and run "make" in objdir..

As I suspected, you are confusing library files with testcases.  The library
files only get built once, since there is no need to rebuild them for every
minor compiler change.  Touching the makefile is forcing the library to
rebuild.  An easier way to do this is to delete the library files that you
want to rebuild.

Jim