Re: new edge coverage profiler on gcc 3.3

Jan Hubicka wrote:

It is complete and it should produce .da files.
Does the program crash at the end?  There seems to be common collision
with the routines in glibc handling of profiler format.
do you think we should rename those routines for 3.3?

(Separately) I think we should break them out of libgcc into a libgcov,
so that they work with a shared link of libgcc. We can have a spec which
turns -fcoverage into -lgcov. This is appropriate for 3.4, but is it
too for 3.3?

Oh, yes. Does your recent change to use the mangled name for functions
require tweaks in the stuff I did on b-i-b?

nathan

--
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
         'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'