Re: Questions how to test correct c++ library install.

make check.

On Friday, October 11, 2002, at 09:42 AM, damovand wrote:

Is there a program and Makefile that I can use to test the correctness of my setup? I looked through the Makefiles under 'testsuite' directory but can't be sure it's for the purpose of a simple build.

I've done a lot of c++ programming and have written simple Makefiles but never had to set up the compiler and the environment could someone please point me to a good comprehensive online document?
Did you manage to read all of the documentation linked from the web site alrady? For example:

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/

and be sure to see the rest of the documentation at:

http://gcc.gnu.org/

The above command is documented in there, under testing.