standard files errors...

hello all,

I'm trying to compile code using g++(2.96) on mandrake 8.1
The same code compiles fine on solaris 8 with g++ 2.95.3.

I'm getting errors to do with standard files.

1. file sys/systeminfo.h is missing on the mandrake 8.1 assuming that my installation was correct(i checked the development env. while installing). So I'd copy systeminfo.h from solaris over to Linux.
The compilation went fine from that point. But why is it missing that file on Mandrake? or does it have a diff. name ? or do i expect some serious probs by copying the solaris file onto linux.

2. Similarily time.h , dirent.h are files which diff from linux(mandrake) to solaris. Some function calls had diff definiton altogether altough the function name is same. why so?

Please advise
-Thanks
Nathan