Re: Type based aliasing

<<Fortran rules don't allow arguments (which are references in g77) to
overlap at all, so in this case, g77 would just assume (without
checking) that *ip and *fp wouldn't overlap.

Is that really true? I thought the rule was that if there is any aliasing
then assignment by any alias path is forbidden (this certainly was the
original rule in Fortran, it might have changed, but that would surprise me).