Re: modulo scheduling for IA64

<<  Yes, Jim is right.  Register rotation is an unexplored field of RCSP.
Although I don't see why register rotation can not be implemented in
RCSP.  RCSP is also can be forced to work as modulo pipelining.  But
implementation of register rotation in RCSP is more research work than
work for an industrial compiler.

To implement software pipelining without taking advantage of
register renaming on the ia64 makes little sense to me. This
is far from a research topic, it is reaslly essentially to get
decent performance for numeric loops from the chip.