Re: Release schedule

--On Saturday, September 28, 2002 04:15:29 PM +0200 Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Mark Mitchell wrote:
After GCC 3.2.1 goes out, we will branch for GCC 3.3.  Are there changes
that need to get in before we make that branch?
I believe it would be a huge mistake branching with the high a number of
_known_ regressions we currently have.  We should strive to fix most of
these in stage 3, not on the release branch again.
I agree.  We neeed to do some bug-fixing work before we branch.

If necessary, I will ask the SC to close the various other development
branches.  Part of our problem is that we are all working on new C++
parsers, SIMPLE, loop optimizers, and all kinds of fun stuff -- not
fixing bugs.

We need to remind ourselves that teamwork requires the tedium of drills
in addition to the fun of playing games.

Thank you for the list of PRs.