Re: [tree-ssa] Merging with bnw-simple

On Tuesday, September 24, 2002, at 10:02  AM, Diego Novillo wrote:

Now that we have a working version of the re-designed tree IR, we
have to think about merging it with tree-ssa.  I'd like opinions
on how we should proceed:

1- Merge the changes into tree-ssa-branch directly.  This will
   likely break all the current tree optimizers and mudflap.
I forget again, can you point me to the message describing the IR?
I'm trying to determine how significant the changes are from the perspective of "Do things look basically the same".
IE do we still have the nice properties of SIMPLE, like a = 5 + b + c being simplified
down into T.1 = 5 + b; a = T.1 + c; (or whatever).
If so, I'm all for just merging it now.
I'm working on making SSA-PRE update the SSA representation, so i've got something to do on the current branch, in it's current state, while everything is fixed (Or I could help fix if you like), and just update, since I would imagine if you keep SSA working, SSA-PRE won't break, as the only property of SIMPLE it depends on is the fact that we have guarantees on what can appear in a binary operation, etc.

If these types of restrictions have loosened significantly, well, it's gonna be painful.
--Dan