Re: Status of Ada in GCC?

Op ma 23-09-2002, om 23:26 schreef Richard Henderson:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2002@04:04:22PM -0400, Geert Bosch wrote:
> > The next major development we plan is converting the Ada front end
> > to function-at-a-time mode. We hope to be able to contribute this
> > before the end of the year.
>
> Ooo.  Just in time for us to change the IL out from under you.  ;-)

Yeah, you make this look funny.

But I can tell you, I'm extremely frustrated about this. With the G95
project we *finally* have something that generates code, and after Jason
merges his new IL, we can start all over again.

Great, thanks, back to the drawing table...

When oh when is GCC going to have that "documented, stable front-end
API" that Mark Mitchell mentioned in
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2000-04/msg00600.html ???
It still is poorly documented and unstable.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need for all this new stuff, but it
would be nice if Jason's new IL will not change very much for at least a
couple of years or so. Do The Right Thing Now (tm).

Jason, are you going to create texinfo documentation for this IL,
something like the docs about C trees? Or if you have it as plain text,
I can make texinfo docs from them if you like.

Greetz
Steven