Re: C++ ABI Issues

> > We really need to know what the SC decided about this issue for 3.3?
> > FreeBSD would really like to see the C++ ABI bugs fixed in 3.3 (even if
> > selectable via a command line switch).
>
> The SC didn't decide anything, nor is it even debating the issue.  We
> can raise it, if you like, but the consensus on the lists seemed to be
> to leave things alone for a while.

To be technical, a number of SC members discussed the issue, on this list,
so you can find the discussion in the archives.  There hasn't been any
separate discussion on the private list.

The consensus, at least as I interpreted it, was to leave 3.2 compatible
with 3.3 by default, add warning code to detect cases that would be
handled differently, and have some option to generate "correct" code for
the known bad cases.  The details were not completely fleshed out.