This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc-3.2 installation on Slackware GNU/Linux 8.1
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Glen Leatherman <gleather at bigfoot dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:46:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: gcc-3.2 installation on Slackware GNU/Linux 8.1
- References: <3D8A5A0D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 06:13:17PM -0500, Glen Leatherman wrote:
> config.guess i686-pc-linux-gnu
> gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/specs
> Configured with: ../gcc-3.2/configure
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.2
> Slackware Linux 8.1
> Kernel 2.4.18
> glibc 2.2.5
Thanks! Your message is linked from the GCC 3.2 build status list at
> Used instructions for i?86-*-linux*
> Followed the instructions to the letter. A bit confused by the test
> results (lots of FAILs), but everyone elses looked the same or worse, so
> I forged ahead.
Yeah, that's why it's useful to have people post their test results (at
least, the ones that are unique).
> Thanks for the quality free software. I'm ordering a shirt, and will
> contribute in other ways as soon as I have skills to contribute.