Re: maximize register allocation

Tim Prince wrote:

On Friday 13 September 2002 09:39, Giorgio Alfarano wrote:

Hi,
i would like to know how to maximize the number of registers used to
compile a c function.
i.e. if i have a bank of 200 registers i'd like that gcc use the maximum
number of register (without using unuseful reg move) to code that function
no matter how many pushes are made in the stack.
if anyone has some idea or suggestion please let me know.
Thankx in advance

Giorgio

-frename-registers may be useful on a pipelined machine without hardware register renaming. It may also be buggy.

I noticed that -frename-registers doesn't produce any remarkable result in compilation (both -O0 and -O3) so it it's not good for my job.
The problem seems to focuse on the modification of the function regrename_optimize to suite my needs in regrename.c
Any other ideas is welcome.:)
Tx
Giorgio