Re: Feature request: "Error" string in error messages

Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com> wrote:
> > Philip Dunstan wrote:
> > Is it possible to add some sort of "Error:" tag to error messages
> > outputted by gcc? This would facillitate easier filtering of errors
> > in an automated build process where -i is used..
>
> is the following filter sufficient?
> egrep '^[^ :]+:[0-9]+:' | grep -v ': warning:'

I would like to second the feature request.  When I compile using emacs
as GUI, I sometimes want to skip the warnings and look at the errors
only.  An incremental search for "error:" is what I wanted to use for a
long time.

-erik

--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@uni-tuebingen.de>