Re: HPUX C++ ABI

>>>>> Mark Mitchell writes:

Mark> Implementing some very different ABI (such as the aCC ABI on HPPA, or
Mark> the G++ ABI before 3.0) would be very hard to do in a way that does not
Mark> add significant complexity to the compiler.  I believe that such a change
Mark> would pose serious risks to our primary ABI.

	The focus of this discussion on the C++ ABI is overly restrictive.
This proposal sets a precedent for any "small" vendor-specific option for
any compatibility issue within the common part of the compiler.  Target
requirements have been handled with additional target hooks in the past.

	Is it possible and/or productive to add infrastructure to the
common part of the compiler to support target-specific control of these
differences so that the bulk of the changes can be localized to the IA-64
and/or PA target configurations?  Instead of calling the default layout or
mangling function, it will call the aCC-compatible version?

Thanks, David