How can I get the BSS emitted at the start of the file instead of the end of the file?

Hi,

Despite all my efforts, I can't seem to get GCC to output the common
(uninitialized) data
space allocation at the beginning of the file as it does for the initialized
data instead of at
the end of the file.

I must be missing something simple here. Anyone else have this difficulty?

Thanks,
Mike