Re: Install Instructions

On Saturday 07 September 2002 01:40 pm, Tim Prince wrote:
> On Saturday 07 September 2002 09:23, Michael S. Zick wrote:
> > Hello All;
> >
> > Pending FSF acknowledgement of my copyright assignment papers;
> > And my discovering how to generate *.texi format files...
> >
> > I have been working on a "How To Build GCC" with the thought that I could
> > use its table of contents as an outline for the gcc/INSTALL files.
> >
> > The HowTo draft is now about 30 pages long (plus the command file that
> > maps the step-by-step keystroke commands to the
> > GCC-Configure-Build-Test-Install system).
> >
> > The pre-release, working draft (and command file) has been given a new
> > home: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gcc311revised/HowTo/
> >
> > Comments, Corrections and Ideas welcomed.
> >
> > Mike
>
> If you intend to cover only such a limited selection of targets, don't make
> people download the whole thing in order to identify them.
The process is general - only some of comments and the example command file
is target and compiler revision specific. User needs to change configuration
options in the command file that aren't Macro-ized to suit their target and
compiler revision.

Thanks very much for your comments - I see that I need to make the above much
clearer in the document - Will do!

I will also be certain to make that clear when I export them as web pages (no
download reguired that way).

Also, each of our released diff-tar-balls will have example command script
and directions customized and included.

Will have such a beast posted RSN - gcc-3.1.1-Ada on Intel-FreeBSD now
supports tasking in Ada programs. Need to be certain that the changes
survived the cvs check-in and commit. Meaning we need to check-out our own
cvs, build and confirm that the cvs version works the same as our local
version.

Thanks
Mike