Re: Sequential build of libjava

> Brad> I don't want to put "MAKE=make -j 8" for submakes, since then I
> Brad> might get 64 or 512 or ... processes running all at once.  I
> Brad> *like* how gnu make keeps the total number of jobs at 8 with
> Brad> "make -j 8".
>
> Try it and see.  I think there probably won't be a problem.  Recursive
> invocations of make tend to happen in a loop, forcing them to be
> serialized.

I tried it, and it cut bootstrap+make check from 8 hours to 6.  I could
probably get another hour from make -j 12.  Only briefly, when building
lib/intl, were more than 8 or so processes running at a time.

It would be nice, though, if the makefiles were fixed to do parallel makes
all the way down.

Brad