This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: stage1 bootstrap failuer to build gcc.3.3: cppfiles.c:1168: error: parse error before ']' token etc.
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>
- To: Christian J?nsson <christian at j-son dot org>
- Cc: 'gcc' <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:54:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: stage1 bootstrap failuer to build gcc.3.3: cppfiles.c:1168: error: parse error before ']' token etc.
- References: <20020821140329.GA19249@j-son.org> <002c01c24de7$a50fdea0$0301a8c0@D90V2D0J> <20020827165732.GA16706@daikokuya.co.uk>
Neil Booth wrote:-
> Christian J?nsson wrote:-
> > FWIW, I can bootstrap gcc-3.2, but still the same problem with
> > gcc-3.3...
> > The problem:
> > stage1 compile with installed gcc-2.95.4 (debian prerelase) "works" on
> > cppfiles.c
> > Stage2 compile with stage1/gcc bails out on cppflies.c
> > (I had the wrong subject, it's stage2 of the bootstrap that fails)
> You are the only person that has ever reported this. I'm afraid
> you will need to investigate it yourself.
I'm 99% certain what causes this. What filesystem are you using?
Is it XFS? Notice the filesize of cppfiles.c?