RE: libstdc++-v3 does not include wchar_t specializations while build ing gcc 3.2 for Solaris8

> From: Phil Edwards [mailto:phil@jaj.com]

> On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 05:07:01AM -0700, Richard Mouli wrote:
> > it seems that all the corresponding wchar functions are
> > missing in the Solaris 8 default installation:
> > config.h:/* #undef HAVE_VFWSCANF */
> > config.h:/* #undef HAVE_VSWSCANF */
> > config.h:/* #undef HAVE_VWSCANF */
> > config.h:/* #undef HAVE_WCSTOF */
>
> Ah.  This bug.  My mental bells are ringing, finally.  :-)
>
> In our GNATS database, take a look at PR 4764.

Yes exactly this one :-)

> "configure" is a generated file; the tests are written in
> acinclude.m4 and
> called in configure.in.  You can edit configure to not test
> for those 4
> functions, and see what happens, but the proper fix is to
> tweak acinclude.m4
> and then regenerate the scripts.

I hacked around these files (acinclude.m4, aclocal.m4, configure) but also
in std_cwchar.h and std_cwtype.h and I was then able to build a libstdc++
which includes the wchar specializations.

Thanks for your help.

	Richard