Re: Garbage Collection

>>Surely Lisp is a general purpose language *much* older than Algol 68?

Lisp does not really raise the full range of issues in its garbage
collection. For one thing it has fixed length blocks. Also, historically
Lisp is hardly what I would call a general purpose langauge (yes, I know
it can be used for anything, so can Postscript! I am talking about actual
general use in practice:-)

Algol-68 is much more relevant to Java than Lisp!