This new and useful -Wconversion

Google says that I shouldn't use -Wconversion, but are there any plans on
creating the functionality of it properly? It shouldn't be that difficult to
copy&paste it to -Wconversion2 or something, and simply removing the few
useless warnings it creates? Or does it need more work than that?

There's just been talk about this for a few years, and I'd really wish to
compile my sources with such warning all the time, instead of sometimes
trying -Wconversion and browsing through tons of useless warnings.