Re: C++ ABI Issues

On Tuesday, August 27, 2002, at 09:49  AM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
--On Monday, August 26, 2002 08:28:38 PM -0700 Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com> wrote:
Dude.

I propose that we fix G++ to match the ABI, but that we issue warnings
about classes whose layout has changed from GCC 3.2.

If we are going to fix G++, we also have to decide how urgently to do
another release.
Based on the very clear consensus from the various distributors, I'm
going to implement patches today that add the warnings and
conformance-level option.
I hope there will be an option to disable warnings.

Thanks,

-Devang