This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada and x86_64
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: jh at suse dot cz, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
- Cc: aj at suse dot de, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 07:58:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Ada and x86_64
The documentation you need for porting the system dependent files is found
in the specs of the files involved, but it is important to be aware that
creating a new runtime for a new port is a non-trivial task that certainly
requires a good knowledge of Ada and a good familiarity with the structure
of the GNAT runtime (it's all documented, but there is a lot of it). There
is no quick "port GNAT in half an hour" procedure, it just does not exist.