Re: [tree-ssa] AST optimizer in C++?

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 07:12:03PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> Plus, there are optimization passes that might not be run on SSA (some
> loop optimizations).
>
> Once again, forcing SSA on the representation itself means they have to
> care about it (or you've limited when they can be run), while annotations
> have no such limitations.

okay.  I get the idea.

> There is no good reason to actually make it part of the form,

  I'd like we examine also the case of DECL_STMTs that seems to fall under the
same pattern.
  For now we have a symbol table that spreads all over the tree.  DECL_ nodes
define entries in this symbol table.  Isn't a "stand alone" symbol table a better
representation for storing this information?  It's probably a good way to store
variable declarations in C-like languages, but what about fortran and other
languages?