This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Bytes order and words order
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 23 Aug 2002 13:01:52 +0200
- Subject: Bytes order and words order
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
Supports for floating-point data types in the C++ runtime system
require me to know the bytes and words orders used by the target. I
would like to have means for the front-end or driver to pass those
information down to the library. I think a minimal path would be for
CPP to define some macros like
-D__TARGET_BYTES_ORDER__=__BIG_ENDIAN__ (or __LITTLE_ENDIAN__)
-D__TARGET_WORDS_ORDER__=__BIG_ENDIAN__ (or __LITTLE_ENDIAN__)
with, for example, __LITTLE_ENDIAN__ and __BIG_ENDIAN__ predefined to 0
and 1 respectivelly. The same set of macros would be needed for the
host in case of cross-compiling.
I'll also need symbols for the floating-point model used.