This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
C as target platform?
- From: Helmut Zeisel <helmut dot zeisel at liwest dot at>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:03:05 +0200
- Subject: C as target platform?
- Reply-to: helmut dot zeisel at liwest dot at
Could C (or even KR-C) as a supported target platform solve
many of the problems with respect to a front-end
written in C++ or any other language?
In that case, one would have not only a Fortran to C
(similar to the existing F2C), but also an ADA2C, C++2C etc.
For bootstrapping (and maybe for the distribution) of GCC,
one could use the C-"compiled" version of GCC,
although the real source is written in some other language.