Re: Optimizer questions/issues with EBCDIC i370/s390 modes.

Dave Pitts wrote:

>3. This fails in both native and cross compile modes. The macros in
>longlong.h for the i370 appear to fail when compiling _udiv_w_sdiv:

Yes, they are broken.  They try to express a matching constraint
between a single-register operand and one subreg of a multi-register
operand, which unfortunately reload doesn't support (would be nice
if it did ...).

I've been experimenting with this patch
(See attached file: longlong.diff)
which fixes the broken constraints (at the cost of more inefficient code)
and activates the longlong.h macros also for s390.  (This version of
longlong.h corresponds to the one from GMP, b.t.w.)

If this works for you, we could look into integrating this patch.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  Linux for S/390 Design & Development