A FrontEnd in C++?

I am currently developing a new Frontend for an educational language for GCC. I have the language's lexical analysis and parsing modules in C++. Is it possible to develop a frontend for gcc written completely in C++? How would I make up for the different function naming and calling conventions between C and C++? Thanx alot in advance.

Khalid Aggag