Re: version script?

On Friday, August 16, 2002, at 08:49 AM, Rayson Ho wrote:
I want to limit the number of symbols that are visible in my shared
object (to avoid dup. symbols and faster runtime). I looked up the man
page and could only find the "version script" option...
If you dynamically load the object, you can arrange for none of the symbols to be visible. man dlopen.

Further, you can arbitrarily manage symbols with ld, see all of the ld documentation. For further information about ld, ask on the binutils mailing list...