Re: C++ ABI: Reuse of tail padding

Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com> wrote:

> We have a problem here.
>
> Intel's compiler does not pack things into the tail padding.
>
> Neither, I expect, does HP's.

It seems to me that an ABI regression checker should not only compare
gcc 3.3 and gcc 3.2, but also gcc, icc, and aCC.  If the aim is to be
portable across vendors, one might as well check that.

-erik

--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@uni-tuebingen.de>
Web: http://www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~schnette/

and signing email messages.  Tell me if I can encrypt messages to you.
(For more information, go e.g. to http://www.pgpi.org.)