This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: austern at apple dot com, dewar at gnat dot com
- Cc: Theodore dot Papadopoulo at sophia dot inria dot fr, drow at mvista dot com,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, mrs at apple dot com, phil at jaj dot com, shebs at apple dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:02:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
<<For some of the things Apple does, a 10-hour build time would be
a major improvement. I don't think we're alone in that. Machines
are faster than they once were, but projects are now much larger.
and compilers are indeed slower. 10-hours should certainly be enough to build
any project at this stage.