This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Cc: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:55:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
On Friday, August 9, 2002, at 03:26 PM, Geoff Keating wrote:
I think that this requirement isn't incompatible with compiling fast.
I think we can all agree for now that -O0 does mean keep debugging
I think it suffices to have -O0 mean "go as fast as possible".
Note that that's different to what it means now, which is "I want the
debugger to not surprise me."