Re: Faster compilation speed

>>>>> Mike Stump writes:

Mike> Instead?  Well, I cannot promise instead, but I think it is reasonable
Mike> to look at it in addition to all the other stuff.

	If Apple wants to tackle one or more of the fundamental GCC design
problems affecting compiler performance which have been mentioned during
this discussion, I think that Apple will have a lot of support and help
from GCC developers.  This means doing the analysis of the problem,
experimenting with possible approaches, designing a solution, and
implementing that solution with the entire GCC development community.

	Fiddling around the edges, disabling functionality to save
compilation time is not likely to be effective for Apple or for the GCC
community.  The big gains are to be found in revising the design and
implementation of GCC's underlying infrastructure, not lots of little
tweaks.

David