Re: Faster compilation speed

On Friday, August 9, 2002, at 02:27 PM, Neil Booth wrote:
(e.g. I think we try to constant fold
things that we've already tried to constant fold and failed, repeatedly,
and we don't do the constant folding we do do in an optimal way.
Hum. 82,000 calls to fold. [ typing ] [ can I just remove it, more typing, nope. ]

Hum. I'll have to jot that down on my list of things to look at. :-)

I could
be wrong, though; I've not looked in detail).  I cannot explain this
clearly, or with any specific example, but IMO we work far too hard to
do what we do.  I'd like to see this cleaned up instead.
Instead? Well, I cannot promise instead, but I think it is reasonable to look at it in addition to all the other stuff.