Re: Alias analysis - does base_alias_check still work ?

> In message <20020719095446.A15598@redhat.com>, Richard Henderson writes:
>  >On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 04:40:26PM +0200, Toon Moene wrote:
>  >> Which begs the question: Is there a reason -fschedule-insns isn't on by
>  >> default when using -O2 ?
>  >
>  >Yes.  The fact that the scheduler doesn't understand register
>  >pressure means that pre-register-allocation scheduling generally
>  >sucks eggs on x86.
> True.  But the real reason -fschedule-insns isn't on by default for ia32
> is the return register problem -- which I believe you actually fixed
> a while back, but we haven't gone back to see if it's safe/profitable to
> enable the first scheduling pass for ia32.

Did you really fixed all the problems regarding SMALL_REGISTER_CLASSes?
When using register passing conventions I've seen ia32 compilation
dying all the time.
It may be interesting to set the flag on at least for x86_64 where
register pressure is lower if it worked.

Honza