This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Build of gcc-3.1.1<all> for binutils-2.13, glibc-2.2.2, Linux-2.4.2
- From: Michael S. Zick <mszick at goquest dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 20:16:04 -0500
- Subject: Build of gcc-3.1.1<all> for binutils-2.13, glibc-2.2.2, Linux-2.4.2
1) Native for:
2) gcc -v
Reading specs from /opt/gcc-3.1.1/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.1.1/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-3.1.1/configure \
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.1.1
3a) Build system:
Linux 2.4.18 #48 SMP Mon Jun 17 16:23:30 CDT 2002 i686 unknown
3b) Compiled against kernel headers: 2.4.2-2 (Red Hat-2)
4) Installed system library: glibc-2.2.2-10 (Red Hat-10)
5) Compile included (and compiled with) binutils-2.13
6) Initial compiler used: gcc-3.1.1<c,ada>
7) Untested. Triple build compared.
a) New compiler and binutils co-exist with installed system compiler
b) New compiler and binutils built against and build for, the (rather old)
installed glibc and kernel-headers.
c) New compiler and binutils can be selected by prepending their location
(/opt/gcc-3.1.1/<bin,lib>) to "PATH" and "LD_LIBRARY_PATH".
9) Makefile.in's patched to support optional use of a "BUILD_TOOL_PATH"
variable for all binutil tools during initial stage of build. Working, but
needs refinement prior to posting.
10) GNAT libs and tools; Ada docs; still require user commands in addition to
the: "configure, make bootstrap, make check, make install" sequence.
11) A tar-ball of these binaries available on request.