This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Set crt*.o for Linux (Re: static linking in 3.2 ?)
- From: Richard Zidlicky <rz at linux-m68k dot org>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 01:28:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Set crt*.o for Linux (Re: static linking in 3.2 ?)
- References: <20020810150519.B1868@linux-m68k.org> <20020810071620.A769@lucon.org>
On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 07:16:20AM -0700, H. J. Lu wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 03:05:19PM +0200, Richard Zidlicky wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I found that I need this patch to enable static linking,
> > crtbeginT.o does not exist on m68k-linux-gcc. I wonder is
> > that something m68k specific?
> > Richard
> It doesn't look right. Try this.
thanks, I have already tested a similar patch that does
roughly the same to m68k-*linux*, will try your patch for
the next recompile.
Btw I have seen this error when testing gcc-3.2 with binutils
22.214.171.124.7 on top of glibc-2.1, is this expected?
BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: ../sysdeps/m68k/dl-machine.h: 326: elf_machine_lazy_rel: Assertion `((reloc->r_info) & 0xff) == 21' failed!