Re: Faster compilation speed

	In regard to the benefit of some optimization at -O0, please see
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-01/msg00690.html ("The Death of
Stupid").

	Other comercial compilers are able to focus on compilation speed
at -O0 with some small, appropriate optimization.  They also efficiently
produce extremely good code with full optimization enabled.  They do not
need an additional -fquick-compile flag.

	GCC does not have much low-hanging fruit left.  IMHO, playing
these speed-up games distracts interested developers from addressing the
fundamental design problems which slow down GCC.  The underlying problems
have been mentioned in this discussion.  If we begin to attack them now,
we may have them ready for GCC 3.4.  If we keep looking for easy
solutions, GCC is going to remain at a disadvantage.

David