Re: Faster compilation speed

> OK, then to really rub it in, CW runs much faster than GCC, even on
> that slow Darwin OS :-), and that's with its non-optimizing case being

Hey, no fair.  You know my complaints are strictly in the filesystem
:).

> Sacrificing -O0 optimization is just a desperation move, since
> we don't seem to have many other ideas about how to make GCC as
> fast as CW.

Ah, the truth comes out.  So... Don't you think that if we spent more
time getting the infrastructure faster, -O0 will improve as well?

Either way, I ain't going to vote against a faster -O0.  At least
it speeds up my development cycle, since I program by building cc1,
inspecting assembly, and repeating cycle :).

Aldy