This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:01:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
- References: <A7A86732-ABCC-11D6-A36D-000393941EE6@apple.com>
On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 12:17:32PM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
> Another question is, what should the lower limit be on uglifying code
> for the sake of compilation speed.
You'll find that really ugly code will compile slower than
code that has been optimized some simply due to the fact
that you emit less assembly, and therefore do less I/O.
As for not re-using temp slots, sure I guess that's something
we can do at -O0. I don't see a need for the new command-line