Re: variable-arrays problem

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 12:44:07PM -0700, Dale Johannesen wrote:
> Doesn't seem to, actually.  This works for the first scheduler pass,
> but by the time the second one rolls around the clobber has been
> removed, and no dependency is computed between the load and the
> stack pop.  In fact they're both put in the ready list at the same
> cycle.  Now what?

Modify the bits in reload1.c near

  /* Make a pass over all the insns and delete all USEs which we inserted
     only to tag a REG_EQUAL note on them.  Remove all REG_DEAD and REG_UNUSED
     notes.  Delete all CLOBBER insns that don't refer to the return value
     and simplify (subreg (reg)) operands.  Also remove all REG_RETVAL and
     REG_LIBCALL notes since they are no longer useful or accurate.  Strip
     and regenerate REG_INC notes that may have been moved around.  */

to leave clobbers of memory alone.

r~