Re: Web search only matches the subject???

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> I've been searching for LOOP_CONT.
>
> Hmmm, looking at this a bit closer, it looks that single words are matched
> either literally or with some other word that is mostly unrelated except
> etymologically, but never as a substring, although sequences of words
> are matched against word anagrams or even loosely scattered words.
>
> Could we have a way to have regexp search, at least for the current month?

No, regexp and substring search isn't there.  (Hmm, I think I
can config to get substring match from LOOP_CONT*; I'll check.)

Anyway, use <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/search.html>; it doesn't
have substring search, but it doesn't by default mess up the
search terms by matching fuzzy endings.

I'll make the monthly indexes exact by-default soonish.

brgds, H-P