Re: gcc 3.2's cpp breaks configure scripts

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:45:39AM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> Just the same, it's a lot to ask the distributors of GNU/Linux and BSD
> systems to fix every configure script in the world.
>
> Maybe a workaround for the time being is to have a gcc option that
> suppresses this one warning; people can then write something like
>
> CC="gcc -Wno-check-include-order" ./configure ...
>
> to get around the problem.

Yes, please.  I'm very annoyed that GCC prints warnings that I cannot disable
when I /know/ that they are false or harmless.

I'm wrestling with my development machine at the moment (sysadmin issues),
but once it is working again, I will work up such a patch if there is a
consensus that it would be worthwhile.  (And if we can agree on option
spelling.)

Phil