Re: gcc 3.2's cpp breaks configure scripts

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Garzik" <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com>
To: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 10:22 PM
Subject: gcc 3.2's cpp breaks configure scripts

> cpp is spitting out a warning about changing the search order of include
> directories, and this is breaking a _ton_ of configure scripts.  I found
> this when I started rebuilding Mandrake with gcc-3.2 branch.

This, from what little i have seen, seems to be due to the fact that many
configure scripts segments are extremely overly picky.  They take any output
at all as to mean that its failed.  Really it should seem to me that they
should be looking for errors, or specific warnings rather then just anything
at all.  However this would take more effort on the configure scripts part
and maybe even slow them down even more... Prehaps there needs to be a
compiler error/warning standard :P

Gareth