Re: Macos X build GCC 3.1

Matthew J. Waller wrote:
Hi,
I know it's not really your problem,
but if 'configure' fails when trying to get GCC 3.1 made from sources, building on a Macos X machine using the cc they give:
Apple Computer, Inc. version gcc-934.3, based on gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
Which gcc-3.1 do you take?
I'd recommend a cvs one either 3.1.1 or the main branch 3.2 from the FSF. For details mail privately or read how to get cvs gcc on gcc.gnu.org.

I am a bit of a newbie, so maybe cc, or the permissions of the build directory should be set differently, but the error I get is
'checking size of short... configure: error: cannot determine a size for short'.
-If I can't get configure to work then there's something seriously wrong with my 'bsd-darwin' based operating system right??
Hmm, weird, which OS-X do you run? I build gcc on a daily basis since last August and I don't have any big problems here. Developer tools installed I guess, which one?

Can you recommend a newsgroup where this sort of thing might be discussed (*or just a more appropriate e-mail address - I tried contacting the single person who has succeeded on Macos X, but no reply)