Re: Vector modes under hppa64-hpu

Well, following up to my own mail, I have a couple of questions.  If I
am on a system that does not support the VECTOR modes, should I ever see
any rtx with a type of V2SImode?  I don't think I should, but I am not
sure.  When I run simd-1.c with -O0 on IA64 or PA64 I never see any code
with this mode.  When I run with -O1 I do see such code.  I believe that
this code is coming from store_constructor in expr.c.  With -O1, when
"TREE_CODE (type) == VECTOR_TYPE" I wind up setting need_to_clear to 1
because I am storing into a (64 bit) register, and that in turn winds up
calling emit_move_insn with a mode of V2SImode and I think that is wrong
since my platform does not support V2SImode.  With -O0, I do not store
into a register so store_constructor doesn't set need_to_clear and
everything works OK.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com