Re: -msse producing sse2 instructions

"Dylan Cuthbert" <dylan@q-games.com> writes:

> Hello there, thanks for the quick response.
>
> Whilst I see if I can track down a small test program (it only occurs in the
> big unwieldy programs right now, as these things always seem to do) here's
> some extra info:
>
> I'm compiling currently
> with -mfpmath=387 -msse -mcpu=pentium3 -march=pentium3 and gcc 3.1.1-4 from
> the very latest experimental cygwin distribution.

> One of the problems with tracking this down is my machine is an Athlon MP
> and has no trouble with SSE2 instructions, however a client's machine is an
> Athlon 4 and exhibits the problem.  And of course we need the SSE builtins
> for speed improvements. -_-;;

Athlon 4s do not have SSE2, they're the same as Athlon MP (both have
SSE only).

Btw. cvttss2si is an SSE instruction, not an SSE2 one AFAIK.
Therefore are you sure that you get an Illegal instruction for
cvttss2si?  Or is this some other error and you're just confused.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de