Re: Language-independent functions-as-trees representation

Jason Merrill <jason@redhat.com> writes:

> In a previous thread, Diego has suggested that inlining would be done on
> language-dependent trees.  I think this is a mistake; IMO it should be done
> at the SIMPLE level.  Requiring the inliner to know about frontend trees is
> wrong.

Inlining on SIMPLE might also allow to inline mixed languages, e.g. C
code into Fortran.  I'm not sure how many people use this kind of mixed
languages for one project but if they do, it would help,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de