Re: New and exception

On Jul 12, 2002, "H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> wrote:

> When I use -fno-exceptions, I can be prepared to deal any returns from
> new as long as it doesn't throw an exception

That's hardly possible, unless you're using new as a shorthand for
malloc.  new often calls ctors, and there's no way you can interpose a
NULL-test between the return from operator new and the ctor call.
Besides, if you really mean to do it and modify your program to do so,
there's no reason for you to not use the nothrow variant of new
already.