inerting nop's using the DFA scheduler

hello,

I have been studying how to use the DFA scheduler and
I cant seem to figure out how the scheduler inserts
nops in a pipeline. Supposing I have an add
instruction with a latency of two cycles. If I want to
store the result of addition and I have no other
instructions left to fill up the two cyles occuring
between add and store then there is no other way but
to insert nop's
  r1 = r2 + r3
  nop    latency 1
  nop    latency 2
  store r1

the dfa scheduler must handle this situation but how?

regards,
danish